For 2020, the number of participating laboratories had increased significantly from 25 to 47. This project aims to continue and extend the nutrient contents in soil and plant tissues proficiency testing program.
Type of activity: Network
Date & venue: 2020, Taiwan
Co-organizer: Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute (TARI)
After the 2018 “International Workshop on Soil and Plant Tissue Testing Analysis: Testing Methods, QA/QC, Data Interpretation and Application” which was held by FFTC and Taiwan Agriculture Research Institute (TARI), to continue the proficiency test annually to benefit more regional soil testing laboratories, FFTC extended the PT project in 2019. For this year, the number of participating laboratories had increased significantly from 25 to 47. The result of two years’ comparison (2018-2019) has also been presented in the 14th International Conference of East and Southeast Asia Federation of Soil Science Societies (ESAFS), which was held on November 3-4).
To continuously enhance the capability and performance of laboratories of soil testing and plant analysis in the Asia Pacific countries, FFTC and Taiwan Agriculture Research Institute) plan to continue the proficiency test in 2020. Possible themes of the activity include proficiency test on soil, plant tissue, and fertilizer samples.
• To continue and extend the nutrient contents in soil and plant tissue proficiency testing program.
• To offer the participating laboratories the opportunity of comparing their analytical results with those of other laboratories.
• To enhance the capability of soil and plant tissue analysis in the Asian and Pacific Region.
• Two soil, two plant tissue, and one fertilizer samples are prepared for testing items which include: pH; total organic carbon (TOC); total nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium; available phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and cadmium.
• Minimum of 45 participants.