THE 24th MEETING OF THE FFTC TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC)
The FFTC’s Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) is made up of renowned agriculture experts from the Center’s member countries. The TAC has the following functions: 1) to review and give advice on information and technology deployment priorities that address common agriculture and food issues in the Asia and Pacific Region; 2) to assess the Center’s science and technology merit; and 3) to recommend suitable directions and strategies to the FFTC management. Traditionally, the TAC meeting is held once every two years. The last TAC meeting was held on 11-14 July, 2016. Another TAC meeting is scheduled for 2018.
- To evaluate the Center’s activities undertaken in the past two years;
- To give advice on the Center’s future activities that address common agriculture and food issues in the Asian and Pacific region; and
- To suggest potential partners for broader impact activities.
- Description of major activities
- The FFTC management will present the programs and activities of the Center for the past two years, and how it is aligned to its Strategic Plan. The FFTC Director and Deputy Director will also be in charge of leading the discussion regarding how they intend to chart directions for the Center and eliciting feedbacks and suggestions from the TAC members.
- Proposal regarding new schemes on how to improve the Center’s performance in collecting, processing and disseminating relevant information and technology for various FFTC clients.
- Meeting materials and documents